Sunday, April 19, 2009

Disneyworld 2009 post #1

The Disneyworld post! Well the first one at least. Yay finally! Anways so in Febuary I went with my drama program to Disneyworld! On this trip I discovered that I hate planes! I think I hate them because I feel like I am not in control of where I sit or whom I sit with, also not being able to check on my own stuff really stresses me out. I'm the type of person who goes through there purse several time while on an outing to make sure I have not lost anything. Also airports are filled with weird people, which I experienced first hand. After my mom dropped Kayla, Vienna, and I of at the airport we sat in front of the baggage check to wait for the rest of our group. Three more people showed up and we were having a conversation, when we heard an argument. We turned around and saw a Korean man and women fighting over a purse. The man would not let go of the purse so the women told the lady at the luggage counter that she did not know the man and that he would not let go of her purse. The woman spoke English the man did not. So while they waited for security to come the man sat down on a suitcase still holding on to the purse mind you. He began to talk on a cell phone in Korean. When security showed up a few minutes later the guard asked the man to let go of the purse, he refused. So the officer asked the women to let go of the purse which she did. With a triumphant yell the man clutched the purse to his chest then the police officer knocked his legs out from under him and two more officers fell on top of him. They stood the man up and led him away, then an officer on a bike came pedaling into the airport and leaves a huge tire mark on the floor as he jumps of his bike. The bike officer then approached us and asked us to fill out a witness report. It was very frightening for me. Crazy airport people.

2 comments:

Frank and Marie said...

Wow! Your 1st flight and you get to fill out a police report! Not all air port waits are as exciting as yours.
When your Mom was 6 weeks old I flew to Germany with her. The army flight out of New York was delayed so I sat on my suitcase (There were no chairs) and held my precious baby in a hot, humid, crowded hanger(not a waiting room)for 24 hours. It was awful.
It was a long time before I wanted to fly again.
I'm anxious to read your next trip chapter.
Love Forever,
Grandma Mathis

Christina said...

I would have to say those incidents are few and far between. But look what a great story it is! I love flying but I would have to agree with the feeling of not being in control! I am also looking forward to your next post. I heard you had some fun in Florida!